What’s new in Tornado 2.1.1
Oct 4, 2011
- Fixed handling of closed connections with the epoll (i.e. Linux)
IOLoop. Previously, closed connections could be shut down too early,
which most often manifested as “Stream is closed” exceptions in
- Fixed a case in which chunked responses could be closed prematurely,
leading to truncated output.
- IOStream.connect now reports errors more consistently via logging
and the close callback (this affects e.g. connections to localhost
- IOStream.read_bytes again accepts both int and long arguments.
- PeriodicCallback no longer runs repeatedly when IOLoop iterations
complete faster than the resolution of time.time() (mainly a problem
- Listening for IOLoop.ERROR alone is no longer sufficient for detecting
closed connections on an otherwise unused socket. IOLoop.ERROR must
always be used in combination with READ or WRITE.