What’s new in the next release of Tornado¶
- parse_config_file now always decodes the config file as utf8 on Python 3.
- tornado.curl_httpclient now supports request bodies for PATCH and custom methods.
- RequestHandler.send_error now supports a reason keyword argument, similar to tornado.web.HTTPError.
- tornado.curl_httpclient now supports resubmitting bodies after following redirects for methods other than POST.
- The context argument to HTTPServerRequest is now optional, and if a context is supplied the remote_ip attribute is also optional.
- HTTPServer now tolerates extra newlines which are sometimes inserted between requests on keep-alive connections.
- HTTPServer can now use keep-alive connections after a request with a chunked body.
- SSLIOStream will no longer consume 100% CPU after certain error conditions.
- SSLIOStream no longer logs EBADF errors during the handshake as they can result from nmap scans in certain modes.
- The tornado.websocket module now supports compression via the “permessage-deflate” extension. Override WebSocketHandler.get_compression_options to enable on the server side, and use the compression_options keyword argument to websocket_connect on the client side.
- RequestHandler.locale now has a property setter.